8-10 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
2 tsp Salt
1 ½ tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
4 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 ½ tbsp Baking Powder
2 ½ tsp Salt
2 ¼ cups Milk
5 tbsp Melted Butter
Chicken & Broth – Step 1
1. Trim fat off of all chicken thighs and ensure there are no bones.
2. Place chicken thighs in a large pot and cover in water.
3. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to the pot and stir in thoroughly.
4. Turn the burner on medium-high heat and allow the pot to boil until the chicken thighs are thoroughly cooked. (Roughly 30 min. – 1 hr.)
All of this can be done earlier in the day, or even the day before, and stored in the fridge with a lid. Doing this can save time on the day you want to make this meal and make step 5 easier as well.
5. Once the chicken has been fully cooked use a spoon to skim the fat off the top of the water and dispose of.
6. Remove the chicken thighs from the pot and cut or dice as desired and set aside in a bowl.
7. Place the pot of broth on the stove and turn to medium-high heat and allow it to come to a boil.
Dumpling Directions – Step 2
1. Use a medium-sized bowl and mix thoroughly all the dry ingredients.
2. Add in the wet ingredients and use your hands to mix everything together until the dough fully forms and comes together.
3. Flour a cutting board or counter.
4. Place the dough on the counter and begin to knead the dough until it becomes soft and pliable.
5. Cut the dough into four pieces.
6. Use a floured rolling pin to roll out each piece of dough one at a time.
7. Roll the dough out to the desired thickness.
8. Use a pizza cutter to cut the rolled out dough into 2 in. by 1 in. rectangles.
Chicken and Dumpling Directions – Step 3
1. Place the rectangle pieces of dough into the boil pot of broth.
2. Allow dumplings to boil 10-15 minutes or until the dumplings are the desired tenderness and floating at the top of the pot.
3. Add the bowl of cut or diced chicken to the broth and allow it to heat up.