Filet Mignon (Any size)
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Garlic
1. Add a generous sprinkling of Salt and Pepper to both sides of the Filet. Rub the Salt and Pepper into the filet.
2. Place a pan on the stove on medium-high heat.
3. Add in a generous amount of Olive Oil to the bottom of the pan.
4. Place the filet in the pan and cook until the bottom is evenly cooked and seared.
5. Flip the Filet over and cook the top of the Filet the same way.
6. Add in 2 tbsp of Butter and Garlic into the pan.
7. Using tongs, lift the Filet out of the pan and lay it on its side in the pan. This will cook the sides of the Filet just like the top and bottom.
8. Continue turning the Filet on its side until all sides have been cooked as desired.
9. Lay the Filet back down in the pan and push it to one side. Lift the pan so that the Butter and Garlic pool on the opposite side of the pan and use a spoon to baste the filet with the Butter and Garlic.
10. Lift the Filet out of the pan and place it on a plate to rest.
You will need to adjust your heat on the stove depending on how you like your Filet (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium Well, Well Done). You can also simply take your pan once you have seared and basted it in the pan and place it in a preheated oven of 400 degrees. (Use a pan like a cast-iron skillet to do this.)