4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Lard
1 ½ Cups Water
1. Whisk flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add lard to the mixing bowl and mix in with your hands until lard is evenly mixed in with the other ingredients with no more lumps of lard to be seen or felt.
3. Pour water into the mixing bowl and continue to mix with your hands until the dough is smooth and elastic. Slightly pull the dough apart until it seems to stretch without breaking.
4. Add a small amount of flour to the counter and lay the dough out in one long strip. Cut the dough into 24 equal-sized sections.
5. Roll all dough sections into balls of dough.
6. Use a rolling pin to roll out one dough ball at a time. Be sure to add flour to the rolling pin to avoid the dough from sticking while rolling. Try to roll the dough out as flat as possible and as circular as possible.
7. Preheat a cooking pan to medium to high heat.
8. Place the rolled piece of dough flat into the pan. When the dough begins to bubble use a spatula and tongs to flip the dough onto the other side. The dough should only need a few seconds on each side to cook.
9. Remove the cooked dough from the pan and place it into a container with a lid to retain the heat from cooking. This heat will absorb into the cooked tortilla and make it more pliable.
10. Continue until all tortillas have been cooked and placed into the container to rest.