O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord… (Ez. 37:4)
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.
In recent months the entire world has focused on health and disease prevention on an almost obsessive and fanatical level.
Masks, gloves, face shields, antibacterial hand soaps, social distancing, curbside pick up, automatic doors, business closers, the prohibition of group activities and gatherings, one-way grocery shopping, privacy plexiglass, no-contact cashless purchasing and delivery, and much more have become so commonly discussed that it makes you physically ill just to hear someone talk about or mention these subjects anymore.
Over the last seven months, nothing has gripped the world’s attention like the concept of public health and safety.
In America and all around the world the freedoms and liberties of the common man, and in particular the private business, have been stripped away by governing officials or given up freely by business and individuals alike without the need for coercion in many cases, and all in the name of health and safety.
But, do government officials, businesses, and private individuals really care about health, safety, and life? Really really care?
No, they do not.
For modern man health and safety are scientific and natural concerns rather than moral and religious concerns. At least that is what is claimed by so many individuals, television personalities and politicians. However, the last seven months the year 2020 has shown us one thing without a doubt, and that is that science and facts are not the foundation of how decisions concerning health and safety are made in America, nor around the world, the foundations are authoritative and religious.
If America and the world truly made decisions based on science, statistics, and facts as they claim to do, we would see them espousing health and safety standards that very closely resembled those we could consider Christian standards.
One fact remains true almost exclusively, and that is that the individual, family, and society that is going to be the most stable, productive, and prosperous are those that recognize the importance of sexual fidelity and shun the concept of sexual perversion, promiscuity, and infidelity.
Let’s list a few examples that shows that the world in general already knows this to be true…
1. Children who grow up in a home where both father and mother are present excel better in school, are far less likely to be caught up in gangs, drugs, and violence, and are many times over more likely to acquire and hold a stable vocation that will easily provide for their every need.
2. Women who go from one sexual partner to the next end up in one abusive relationship after the next. They will typically become involved in, if fully not dependent on, one form of drug or another, and will become infected with multiple sexually transmitted diseases that will shorten their life and are very often transmitted to their children at birth which in many cases results in the death of the child. Not even to mention the stress of financially having to support themselves and the children born from these situations without the support of a husband.
3. Children that are born in broken single parent family situations as mentioned in the second example are also very frequently subjected to physical abuse at the hands of one of the many sexual partners that come and go throughout their lives, and more than physical abuse they are even more likely to suffer sexual abuse. For these children knowledge of what a stable loving and safe family situation is a complete unknown if not a myth.
4. Businesses and educational institutions that forbid casual sexual relationships between co-workers or between staff and students. It is well known that sexuality between co-workers destroys businesses and causes working environments that are unproductive and unviable. Equally, sexuality between educational authorities and students is also destructive of educational accountability and standards to say the least. In both cases, abuses by those in authority over those under authority is typically the case. This is why though what would normally be legally acceptable in America today is forbidden under certain circumstances, and even made illegal.
5. A man who at first finds the wooing of and successful sexual encounter of one woman after the next to be exciting and alluring quickly realizes that it is destructive of himself physically due to sexual transmitted diseases, financially due to producing unplanned progeny that he finds he is held accountable for, and emotionally because he may never know if his own children are truly his or belong to another. This most often leads to him abusing the woman or even the murder of her and her children in a moment of rage.
These examples show how even those that do not espouse Christian morals regarding sexuality still see the results and dangers inherent in rejecting God’s standards concerning sexuality and can equally see the benefits from obeying them, if only for pragmatic reasons.
For the last seven months individuals, media personalities, and government officials have been trumpeting the importance of preventing the spread of disease and passing oppressive regulations as needed to help promote and ensure the health and safety of the American public and the world.
But, what are they saying about sexual promiscuity? Are they declaring the dangers on every major media outlet? Are they drilling the importance of sexual promiscuity avoidance into the hearts and minds of school children? Are they passing regulations to promote sexual purity and fidelity and to prohibit sexual promiscuity and infidelity? Are they concerned that sexually transmitted diseases are being passed around the American public like wildfire with more than 100,000 new STD cases each year in America alone with no end of this trend in sight?
The year 2020 has taught us one thing in America and around the world and that is that science is what the ruling elite determine it to be and facts are those that they create for themselves. Health and safety is the exclusive department of the governing elite who believe that their authority gives them the right to interpret facts and science as they see fit, this is their religious foundational belief, and all others must fall in line, or else.
But, more to the point.
God throughout His word declares that this world belongs to Him and in order to prosper in this world we must live in it according to the reality of our world that He has created. This includes the physical aspects of our world and the moral aspect of our world.
If we as a nation really want to be concerned about the health, safety, and prosperity of ourselves and our children here is a list of things that we will teach our children to do and we will do ourselves.
1. Recognize God as creator and Lord of our world and reality.
2. Recognize God’s authority and right to determine how His creation is to be interacted with.
3. Learn God’s commandments and seek to love them and keep them in thought, word, and deed.
4. Understand that sexuality is only to be between a man and woman and only within the confines of marriage under God.
5. Prohibition of infidelity or adultery.
Rather than doing these America and the world is trying to find ways to be free from God and the restrictions of His creation. The most notable is that of the scientific community the world over seeking to create vaccines that would eliminate the consequences of sexual immorality. In other words, our world is not concerned with promoting the health and safety of the public, they are concerned with the public living free of God’s restrictions and trying to learn how to do this with an acceptable level of pain, poverty, disease, and death.
The government schools are ground zero for this type of religious instruction. They teach our nation’s children that though pain, disease, poverty, and death are virtual certainties in attempting to live a life of promiscuity, the greater danger is for them to live a life of restraint and self-suppression.
There is no disease, poverty, or death associated with those that keep God’s commandments concerning sexuality, fidelity, and the family. God does not place disease and destruction upon those that keep His commandments.
The world knows this to be true. Those that obey God’s commandments concerning His world prosper. But, for the enemies of God to be under God’s authority and to be required to deny themselves and their desires is worse than poverty, worse than disease, and even worse than death.
If our nation was really concerned with health, safety, and the promotion of life they would spend a whole lot less time talking about masks and a whole lot more time talking about sexual purity and fidelity.
What about you? Do you want to be healthy and reside in safety in this life?
What man is he that desireth life,
and loveth many days, that he may see good?
Keep thy tongue from evil,
and thy lips from speaking guile.
Depart from evil, and do good;
seek peace, and pursue it.
The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous,
and his ears are open unto their cry.
The face of the LORD is against them that do evil,
to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
He that hath ears to hear let him hear. (Matt. 13:9)
Rev. Jeremy Walker is a Christian minister and educator who has been working with his wife of 20 years to operate a successful Christian preschool that has ministered to thousands of children and families. Rev. Walker and his wife Abigail have 11 children ages 3 to 18 and have worked together to raise, educate, and apprentice their children while ministering to the children of the community.
Rev. Walker is a Christian education and entrepreneur advocate who seeks to inspire, equip, and train young men and women to become the next generation of Christian teachers, to own and operate Christian schools, and to become financially independent and to live without debt.
In addition, Rev. Walker has created a Christian internet radio station CR101 Radio, a Christian podcast network, and is the host of a number of podcasts that cover various topics related to Christian doctrine, the family, and society. His hope is that other Christians will get inspired, get equipped, and get involved in the work of the great commission.